Kitchen Design may seem like a daunting task to most home owners, here we will show you how to make it a cakewalk. A kitchen is the central headquarters for the family. Kitchen is often the showplace of the home, and yet it is required to function well for a wide variety of tasks. A well-equipped, beautifully dressed kitchen will provide both a sense of well-being and a favorite place in the home. As you plan your new kitchen, you must consider both the utility and the look factor.
When thinking of ideas for designing your kitchen, you could choose a particular look for the kitchen floor, the walls, the storing place etc. this can be done in various ways depending upon the amount of money you are willing to spend, the lay out of the kitchen and your taste. Here are some specific design ideas for your kitchen –
- Kitchen floor – Your flooring choice is important as it will set the tone for the whole kitchen. The textural quality of the floor always appeals to eye and has a radical effect on how one perceives the room as a whole. For kitchens, the two most elegant floors are tiles / stones and laminated or hardwood floors. Ceramic tiles are a premium product for a kitchen and represent an impressive upgrade over any other floor. The only disadvantage is the cold feel. However if you want you can also opt for a floor heating system.
- Kitchen countertops – While choosing your countertop, select a color and texture that will compliment your cabinetry, floor or paint selection. Don’t be afraid in combining two or more countertop materials. Complimentary colors and textures on adjacent surfaces create visual interest. Also remember, it pays to select a material, which will withstand years of use without extraordinary maintenance requirements and is easily repairable should an accident occur. Granite and marble are strong options.
- The cabinet hardware– is easy to combine with their colors and styles like the pulls and the knobs. You can be overwhelmed with the immense variety to choose from. Once you’ve decided on pulls versus hardware knobs, the next decision is the type of metal and it’s finish. This is an important decision when it comes to your budget.
Kitchen design layout –
Kitchen designing is very subjective, so a layout that might be perfect for one can be disastrous for another. This is primarily because the tastes, and the ways of people in terms of working habits, styles are vastly different. Thus kitchen layouts should be done according to the necessities and specifications of the prime user of the space, who has definite ideas about how he/she would like their working space to be. But apart from this subjective outlook, there are certain steps we follow while designing your kitchen.
Stages in kitchen design layout
- Set Up an in-house appointment with one of our cabinet specialist.
- We Measure your kitchen in a detailed manner, the position of the doors, windows, electric points, drains and sinks etc.
- Make a list of the appliances that you are likely to use in the kitchen, and provide space for them according to their dimensions
- We use our computer program to come up with the most efficient kitchen design.
- You come into our manufacturing facility and discuss any changes and modifications, and add accessories that you would like
Keep these points in mind and Alliance Cabinets & Millwork will design your kitchen in a style that fits in accordance to your tastes.
Kitchen design layout styles
These are the 4 basic kitchen layouts that are generally followed while designing a kitchen –
1. Galley layout – This is meant for a narrow kitchen, where there are two facing rows. One for storage and the other for cleaning and cooking. Make sure there is a minimum 36 inches space between the two rows.
2. L-shaped layout – This is a layout, where the rows are diagonal to one another, thus forming an L shape. This gets the kitchen working space into the corner
3. U-shaped layout – this is the best choice for small kitchens and very convenient too., thus giving a lot of free space to move about.
4. Island layout – This one on the other hand is meant for large kitchens. Here the cooking hob is altogether a different box unit, while the L shaped row is meant for the sink and storage purposes.
These are the different ways in which you could plan your kitchen layout, and also make changes and alterations according to your preferences. With so many different options to choose from it is always best to talk to one of our kitchen design specialists to make sure you’re getting the most for your money.
Trackback from your site.